Custom handmade growth sticks, travel blankets, diaper bags, bibs and burp cloths.



Let me help you have the best gift and best heirloom at the party.



Monday, March 21, 2011

2 at the zoo

On top of making my growth sticks Im lucky enough to be a stay home mom. Thankfully I have energy that lasts for days and I manage to constantly come up with fun events, crafts and projects.


My sweet daughter turned two at the zoo and being the mom who goes all out at any chance to plan an event, she got all I could possibly give to make this day perfect!

I made this adorable cupcake stand and all of the goodies!
We had Aligator, camel and pink flamingo cupcakes.
Birds nest (chow mien noodles covered in butterscotch with blue jelly beans for eggs)
bear food (gold fish), elephant food (nutter butters) and Zebra food (shoe string potatoes).
I also made the birthday girls hat out of foam, flet and feathers.
Each guest received their "official safari guide" bags upon arrival. Each bag had a pair of animal sunglasses, animal hat, "passport"(I will get back to this), crayon pack (of 4 crayons) and each girl had a lepoard print and feather bow.
The passport was a great little book I made for each child. It had their passport picture. Each page had a riddle, example: I eat bananas and swing from limb to limb, the jungle is my gym. I am a...
Each animal was guessed and we would go around the zoo looking for that animal and receive a stamp in the passport! So much fun!






The Passport


 The animal hats
 The Bows
 Each kid party package...
 Each child had a customized "to go" box filled with animal cookies
 The Invitation
 Inside of Invite
This party was a great hit with both the kids and the parents!
LOTS of pictures! Hope you enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. OH MY WORD! What a FANTASTIC party! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda,
    Thank you SO! SO! SO! Much! It was as much fun preparing the party as it was seeing the kids enjoy the party! I've never heard so many "ooo's and ahhh's" and that was just from the grown ups!

    Also, you're my first comment on my blog, so I am extra excited!
    Thank you again!

    I am hosting a baby shower in 2 weeks. Check back for more fun photos!
    XO's!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute, cute! Just forwarded this to my daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could you send me pictures of the cupcakes and cake for the party? My daughter will be 2 in December and I am starting to plan her party already. We are doing a zoo theme and this has helped me out so much!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Heather. I didn't realize the pictures were deleted. I have however, stopped using blogger and moved everythig over to wordpress (it's easier and iPad friendly, which is what I use constantly) all pictures and projects are at www.beforeyoureyesboutique.wordpress.com please let me know if you need help on how to's or if you have any questions. ;)

    ReplyDelete